Friday, October 12, 2007

Making John Lennon

The first thing I need to do is get the image of John I would want to
draw. I sort of wanted a theme to drawing the fab four, so i chose another early years
picture of him like Ringo's.

Then i started my sketch in a #2b pencil.


I scanned that image and then came up with this next one.



I was getting closer, but this next sketch I really began to capture John.
I then started using a #8b pencil to darken in the blacks.

that was all i needed, and in one step less than Ringo's,
i finished John. i decided to use markers to outline him, and also
black acrylic paint for the shirt and white acrylic paint on the surrounding
negative space.



then just for fun I did a little photoshopping, and I am done.

the end.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, great job of drawing from picture to your own picture. I am impressed.

mom

6:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodness, necky! where did you get all that skill! dangggg! lol...

7:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home