Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Making Ringo Starr

First we start with our image of the 'ol lad.

So then I got started on my pencil drawing. I used a #4b pencil on white illustration
board. I proceeded to draw what I saw. This was that first sketch and the phase 1:

Then I noticed so differences, now being able to compare two images on a screen. Way
easier than looking up from my board to the screen. I came up with this phase 2:

The second time around I finally figured out the huge differences. All the peices of the face were stretched out and I hadn't accurately portrayed the forshortening. I immediately
fixed these mistakes and this was that rough sketch and phase 3:

That was all I needed in order to set the foundation. It was all easy street from then on sculpting poor Ringo's skewed face in earlier phases. This was the basic un-garnished final stage and phase 4:

Then all that needed to be done was to paint a red star around his head in acrylic and outline the star with silver and black markers. The finishing touch was the little "Ringo" signature.

then finally some photoshopping and I'm done.


Thanks for reading. Comments and feedback welcomed.
-Nick

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This too is so well done. I am impressed with your ability to do people and make them look like the photographs so well.

mom

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home